1. Jacob woke up on Saturday and stated that it was one of his very favorite days of the year. The rest of his very favorite days of the year are March 2-31, with March 26 being his absolute favorite. So the whole month of March is his very favorite!
2. Since his 7th anniversary of his birth is coming up on his absolute favorite day of the year, I would like to share some of what is on his birthday list. Besides the obvious cars and trucks and other boy things, he has asked for a baby brother and a baby sister. I tried to tell him that regardless of the fact that we can not medically add humans to our family anymore there just isn’t enough time to grow a baby. He decided to keep them both on his list.
3. Jacob said he wants to see the Mr. Peabody movie and go for wings for our annual date. It’s our first with something other than just eating supper. He seems excited to go this year which makes me happy!
4. If you heard squeaking today (like an old hinge needing to be oiled), it may have been my lower body. I may have overdone my workout just a bit on Monday and then added to it today. I can barely walk without wincing (or crying) but I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s workout. May as well get the rest of my body sore while I’m at it! After nearly 7 years of not exercising with weights, I’d say I’m doing pretty well. At least I can move, not well, but I’m still moving.
5. Speaking of tomorrow, there is a scheduled power outage for the housing area on base. From 8am to 4pm. Six whole hours of no power. Good thing the kids are in school most of that time. For those of you who have lived in base housing, is this a normal thing? This is the second time for a scheduled power outage. The last one was scheduled for 4 hours but didn’t take that long. I’m hoping tomorrow’s doesn’t last all day.
6. The kids are taking a little vacation this summer…without the parents. All three of them are going to Pennsylvania for almost 2 whole weeks. Plane tickets have been purchased so there is no turning back. Pop Pop has graciously invited them to stay with him while Jeremiah and I celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. It will be the longest time I have spent away from any of the kids since birthing them. The longest up until now has been 4 whole days when Mazie was 18 months. God, help me!
7. What are Jeremiah and I going to be doing? We are taking a trip to a Sandals resort in Negril, Jamaica. Aside from being away from the kids for that long, I simply can.not.wait. It’s going to be fun!
8. It’s going to get busy around here pretty quickly. The Stahrs have lots going on in the next few months…Jacob’s birthday, Jamie’s birthday, there’s a promotion to Lt Col in there, a wedding in California, just to name a few.
9. It’s been raining here. A lot. While I realize that rain is better than snow (for those of you East of us, sorry for the whining), it’s just so gloomy. I guess it’s just going to take some getting used to…all this doom and gloom…I miss the 300 days of sun in colorful Colorado. At least the grass is turning green. There’s a plus!
10. Since I’ve been such a great blogger lately, I may have forgotten to update about Jacob and Jeremiah’s Man Day a few weeks ago. Jeremiah surprised Jacob with tickets to the Monster Truck Jam in Salt Lake City. Jacob tried his hardest to guess the surprise for days with things like getting gas or running errands. He had no clue it was for them to see monster trucks. When they got home, I asked how it went. Jacob ran up to me and said, “It was incredible”. He didn’t even know where to start, he was so excited about what they saw. Huge points for Dad! I can’t wait for my surprise Girls Day.