Ten on Tuesday
1. Jeremiah and I were just saying last night about it being crazy that it’s the middle of September already. Like the week starts on Monday and we blink and it’s Monday again. Too fast!
2. Labor Day was fun. We had some neighbors over from grilling. The kids and Jeremiah went to work on shucking the corn…
Not even going to guess what that face is about but it’s funny…
3. It rained from Tuesday through Saturday. I am so not complaining since we need it and since our friends in Colorado are still swimming but it’s been nice to have a break from the rain.
4. But all that rain does mean we get beautiful rainbows. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen one actually bow the whole way like this one did one morning…
5. Mazie’s been a sewing queen lately. She has been mastering my sewing machine (which is nearly 20 years old) by making some hankies and pillows.
6. I decorated the porch for Fall. If you follow me on facebook or instagram, you can see a picture. I may have gone a little overboard with the Mums but they are so pretty and I just couldn’t resist. I love Fall. And Mums.
7. A fun facts about Utah…You can get caught for bootlegging around here. As in trafficking alcohol. What era are we in? The 1920s? Seriously they will pull you over at the gate if you are caught with a keg. I have heard some people drive to Idaho to get alcohol since the whole alcohol thing is weird here. I guess they better watch that they don’t pulled over!
8. I’ve noticed people from Utah also say “the internets”. It’s kind of funny to hear like when we first moved to California and everyone referred to the interstates/freeways as “the 405″ or “the 110″.
9. We are looking forward to going to the tanger outlets this weekend. Well, the girls are looking forward to it. I personally hate shopping for clothes. The kids need warmer school clothes already because we’ve been told it get cold quickly here. So we are heading there to get a few pants and long sleeves for school.
10. I volunteered to teach Jr. Achievement classes to Jamie’s fourth grade class. I start in October and it’s for 5 weeks. I’m pretty excited. And very nervous. Jeremiah told me to relax since I taught cake decorating classes at Hobby Lobby. I reminded him that cake decorating wasn’t detrimental to the futures of the people in the class like this would be to the 9/10 year olds. I think this one goes into the “what was I thinking” category.