Ten On Tuesday
1. Today is my birthday. It was such a wonderful day.
2 I received so many texts, cards, Facebook well-wishes. I feel so blessed to have so many people wish me a happy birthday.
3. Jeremiah took the day off of work to spend with me. Well, he took the morning to make an angel food cake for me from scratch and then spend the rest of the day with me. While he was busy in the kitchen I took advantage and went for a birthday manicure/pedicure!
4. I got OPI The Spy Who Loved Me, in case you were wondering. It’s red with gold sparkles. Lovely!
5. And doesn’t he look 0h-so-good preparing it…
I’m one lucky lady, folks!
6. After we picked the kids up for school, I was treated to a special supper. The kids behaved (which they typically do at a restaurant) and we enjoyed our meal unrushed.
7. We came back home to have the oh-so-yummy-looking homemade angel food cake with chocolate fondue. My wonderful family sang to me and I did get a picture or two with my cake…
8. When I cut the cake, we found the middle wasn’t completely done. So we couldn’t enjoy it. In Jeremiah’s defense, angel food is one of the hardest cakes to make from scratch, especially at 6500 feet in altitude. But it was the thought that counted and the kids and I were more than happy to continue dessert with the yummy chocolate fondue with marshmallows and pretzels.
9. Jacob even announced mid-bite that it was the best birthday ever! I have to agree with my little man. It really was a great birthday.
10. The kids gave me their homemade cards while we watched the train circle under the Christmas tree. It was a wonderful way to end the day. My three dozenth birthday (as my husband says) was such a fun day.