Ten On Tuesday
1. I sent out all my Christmas card yesterday. Actually, all three kids took a small stack each to the mailbox and forced them into the outgoing mail slot. It was fun to watch!
2. I mailed all the packages we sent to people all over the country last week. So if you get a package from us normally, it should arrive soon!
3. Yesterday I finally finished all the Christmas shopping. I was so late this year. I blame moving. Everything went so fast after we moved in. But everything is wrapped and ready to place under the tree.
4. My favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. It always has been. What’s your favorite?
5. At the end of the school day on Friday, the school had a Christmas concert. The choir, the guitar class, and orchestra performed a song each. The band of 10 students performed 3 songs and then the whole group played 3 more songs where the elementary students could sing along. I couldn’t stop laughing and smiling at the kids singing. I’m pretty sure they were having a great time singing while the big kids were playing.
6. I just like to smile, smiling’s my favorite!
7. I made some chocolate fudge today. For the first time. Not sure if it turned out but I’m pretty sure the kids will eat it anyway. I mean, it’s chocolate after all. I also made pretzel bark and peppermint bark for us to eat here (as in not to be mailed or given away). I have also been asked to make cornflake wreathes, peanut butter temptations, mint truffles, and sugar cookies. I’m thinking we will space them out and they will be holiday season cookies instead of just Christmas cookies.
8. The kids have off starting after school Friday until January 2. They go back to school for Thursday and Friday (with an early release on Friday since that’s how Fridays are here). Does anyone else go back that early or do you have off the rest of the week and go back on Monday?
9. We always have cheese fondue (and then chocolate fondue for dessert) on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve. Then we have a brisket dinner for Christmas and Pork and Sauerkraut dinner for New Years for good luck. What are your traditions?
10. There are a lot of questions for you to answer. Let’s see how many will share your answers!