Ten On Tuesday
1. Jamie is registered for Landsharks. It’s a running club for kids. She will have three meets where she will run between 400 and 800 meters. She is so excited. Her first practice is today after school.
2. Mazie is signed up for a Chorale this week. Today, tomorrow, and Thursday she practices all kinds of dance moves and singing. It’s a free program that the music program is doing with the Colorado Springs children’s Music Chorale. The concert is on Thursday evening. It’s should be great to see!
3. Jacob walked home with me from school today. This really isn’t anything special except for today he walked the entire way holding my hand…by his choice. We also took the “long way” home. It’s still a little more than 1/2 a mile but for him he thinks it’s the long way.
4. My heart melted a little during the 1/2 mile walk with my son. You see, those moments of him wanting to hold my hand for such a long time on his own accord or telling me that I’m the best mommy because I drove home the way he wanted or hearing him say, “I love you” for no reason, are rapidly going away. So I try to suck them in when I get them.
5. When we got home, I was making his lunch, I handed him his “samich” and said, “Thanks for walking home with me. It was fun.” He replied, “You welcome, Mommy. I liked it too.” *sigh*
6. While I was running this morning, I was having a little trouble getting started. But half way through (on my turn-around), I saw Pikes Peak. It motivated me to continue. The funny thing…I noticed all the budding trees and tulips that I apparently missed on the way up the hill. The downhill didn’t hurt with the motivation either! I realized today that I run in the most beautiful scenery. I love it here.
7. Did anyone check out the Stahrs Cakes site lately? I have some pictures from my cake decorating class last month. I’m really loving the whole teaching thing. I have a feeling it has more to do with what I am teaching instead of teaching. But I’m having fun so it doesn’t really matter why, right? 😉
8. Jeremiah and I went through our April and May calendars together. Our heads practically exploded. I’m almost certain that I heard my iPhone actually tell me that I couldn’t put in anymore entries!
9. Yes, May is overwhelmingly busy with my classes, the kids ending school and their school things, Jeremiah finished school, graduating, and change of command and graduation ceremonies. I just hope we get through it without missing life!
10. Speaking of missing life, go for a walk and smell nature. The trees are budding and the flowers are blooming. Take advantage if you have nice weather and get outside! You’ll have a better outlook on your day.
Sounds like you guys do have a lot going on! The Landsharks sounds great. . . I bet Hayden would love to do that when we’re back in C-Springs. How awesome! 🙂
Hooray Jamie and Mazie! Running, dancing,and singing!!! It is REALLY going to be busy in your house… SO… My little darlings you need to do all you can to help your Mom and Dad to keep ip with you!!:-)
And Jacob, you need to hang on to your Mom hand as long as you can!!! Make sure she never runs away!:-)
Smooches to all of you!