Ten On Tuesday
1. Our final outing over Christmas break was to the Denver Aquarium. It was snowing by the time we got to Denver and when we were ready to leave, there was already about 3 inches of snow on the ground. It took 2 1/2 hours to get home when it should have been about an hour!
2. No worries though. Jeremiah handled it well! I never dry in that stuff if I don’t have to.
3. The kids were fond of the fish and things we saw. The tarantula was a favorite…
and these two bearded dragons…I wonder what they were saying to each other…
and this sting ray was smiling at me, I think…
You had to know I was going to include a Stahr Fish…
4. My loves all on the bridge…
5. Check out Jacob’s face. It makes me laugh every time I see this picture. Especially since he is so close to the mermaid’s chest.
6. Tomorrow Mazie turns 9. NINE YEARS, people! How the heck did that happen?
7. I was just thinking about when I was carrying her in my belly. I had back labor on this night all those years ago. I decided to take a hot shower and go to bed. At 2:30am that labor started up again with a vengeance and later that evening arrived a beautiful, squeaky (yes, she kind of squeaked instead of cried)little girl. *sigh*
8. She wants to wait until tomorrow after supper to open all her presents!
9. Jamie is the official Light Operator tomorrow night. Don’t know what a Light Operator is? Well, I’ll tell you it’s a big job! She is in charge of turning out the lights at just the right moment and starts the singing. Then she has to turn the lights on at the exact right moment so no one drops any cake or gets scared in the dark! She is super excited.
10. Jacob thinks tomorrow is when he turns four and gets to open presents. He will be very happy for Mazie when she is finished with all her things and he gets to play with her…if she lets him!
Looks like a fun trip to the aquarium. We’ll have to add it to our “to do” list for when we’re back in Colorado.
And Happy early Birthday to Mazie!
Love the pictures…cute little stingray and lovely “Stahr” fish…you should frame them!!!
Jacob cracks me up with the “smirky” smile on the bridge….then when he is next to “hooters” OMG….such a little man!!!
Mazie has it right, you wait as long as possible to open stuff. It only happens once a year, right!