Ten On Tuesday
1. Jacob told me last week that he was going to marry me. This really isn’t anything new. He’s a classic with the whole Oedipus complex. He often asks me at supper, taking my hand, and then kissing it when he’s finished, all the while keeping an eye on what Dad’s reaction will be. Last week when he told me he was going to marry me, he said that there wouldn’t be any kissing “yuk”!
2. I asked the girls if they wanted to be in the talent contest at school and Jamie immediately raised her hand. When I explained what a talent contest is and what she would have to do in front of lost of people, she said, “well, than, no”. I think she genuinely thought it would be just us in the audience!
3. Mazie started CSAP testing today. Basically the test is to show that the teachers are doing their jobs adequately. So she gets all stressed out because she wants to do well, of course, to prove her teacher is great. This test is ridiculous, in my opinion, causing the kids way too much stress. So today in her lunch bag, I wrote a little note on her napkin to help her keep calm. It said, “Have a terrific Tuesday. Good luck on the stinksap tests! Love, Mom” She thought it was pretty funny and told me so when she got home.
4. I have stressed over and over that this test is just a formality. There is no reason why she won’t do well. I explained that this is a test for the teachers and if anyone should be upset or sick to the stomachs is should be the teachers. She wasn’t too stressed when I left her at school this morning.
5. Jamie is back to singing her answers in her opera voice again. Great!
6. Jacob was so excited when Jamie told him today was the first day of March. You see, he knows his birthday is in March. Not really sure on the actually day, yet. That means he wants to celebrate the whole month! Makes sense when you are turning 4 right?
7. I can’t believe he is turning 4. It also makes me realize that next month is Jamie’s birthday and she will be 7. How are my kids so old already?
8. I apparently wasn’t clear on how Gnomeo and Juliet was. We thought the movie was great. It was Romeo and Juliet for kids with stuff thrown in for the parents to enjoy. It really was a cute movie.
9. We are going to the Grand Canyon during Spring Break. We’re pretty excited, except for the driving part, of course ;-)!
10. We’ve been having some warm weather here. Today I walked to pick up Jacob at school and we walked home together. Then we walked to get the girls at the end of the day. Then they played outside in the backyard for about an hour after school. Jacob ate so much at supper that we didn’t hear a peep out of him until he asked for dessert! He is going to be hard to wake up in the morning, I believe.
Nice post….warms my heart hearing about the kids!
Hope the talent contest impresses them and they enter next time!!!!
Let the warmer weather happen……Come on SPRING!!!!!!
Wow, warm weather is nice! Jacob is like Fisher but a year older – Fisher thinks March means his bday even though he doesn’t know the day, it is cute:)
Enjoy your trip!