1. Today was a pretty exciting day for Jamie. She entered the school’s art contest. The winning picture is going to appear on the cover of the yearbook. The winner from each grade will have their picture featured in the yearbook. Jamie’s picture won for the whole 4th grade! She said doesn’t know who won overall but she was pretty proud of herself for winning out of all the 4th grade entries. Her teacher texted this picture to me when she won, holding her picture and her prize…
2. Jamie also was Young Author today. The kids write stories and publish them throughout the week. On Fridays the class manager picks a student at random (by way of popsicle stick) and that student gets to read one of their published writings. She wrote about Colorado, specifically Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods. Again, her teacher texted this picture of her reading to the class…
3. Since she was so proud of herself today, I have to admit that I was pretty proud today too getting all this good news from school, I had to make a special treat for dessert. I made some Halloween brownies. And the kids loved them.
4. I have to say that I kind of like the early release Fridays we have here. Getting out at 1:40 instead of 3:10 is nice one day a week.
5. Next week is Halloween. Jeremiah and I are a Knight and Maiden, Mazie is a vampiress, Jamie is an angel, and Jacob is Count Dracula. Pictures next week. If you participate in this candy-filled holiday, what are you going as?