Spring Break 2014
Our Spring Break came and went what with 5 whole days off of school. It sure is a difference from the whole 2 weeks we had in Colorado. We just kind of hung around and relaxed for a change. And the kids were ready to go back to school today!
1. Quarter Update: As you may remember, last week Jacob swallowed a quarter. Still not sure how but it’s in there. Friday he had his 7 year check up and we did a few more x-rays to see what was going on with this quarter. Turns out that it hadn’t moved at all from his Wednesday x-rays. This started a little bit of worry in the doctor. She called a GI specialist who ordered a few more x-rays. After a total of 6 x-rays (since Wednesday) we find out that the quarter is in fact in his stomach and can stay there for up to 4 weeks! We were asked to just monitor his poop for signs of a quarter and otherwise come back on Monday for another x-ray to see what’s going on. Monday’s x-rays (2 more) showed the quarter is on the move, still in the stomach but on the move, nonetheless. We check it again next week.
2. Jacob’s new theme song is Radioactive by Imagine Dragons. I may have joked with him about heating some food up for me for supper. All he would have to do is hold it and count to 60! He didn’t find humor in that.
3. I took the kids to school on Jacob’s birthday and when we arrived, it was just the right time to snap Jacob’s official birth picture…
4. This is his first year that school was in session over his birthday. So he was pretty excited to share some mini chocolate cupcakes with his friends at school.
5. When he got home, Jamie and I made Jacob homemade fettuccine noodle while dad worked on the alfredo sauce, shrimp, and meatballs (yes that is what he ordered). Then the neighbor kids came over to wish him a happy birthday while he blew out his seven candles…
My little jokester. He asked for all kinds of dress up things for boys. He couldn’t wait to try them out!
6. We celebrated Jacob’s birthday at Sky Trampoline Arena. The only thing he wanted for his party was to have as many boys as possible at the party. We do not have many boys in the neighborhood and with Spring Break (good job scheduling things, mom!) we didn’t have many to choose from. He was ok with the girls showing up since there were actually more boys anyway.
We were missing a boy in this picture. Not sure how that happened. But there were 6 boys and only 4 girls, officially!
He wanted a Lego cake for his party. He wanted a green piece that was chocolate cake and two white cakes that were blue and yellow. I don’t think I did too bad of a job! All the kids asked for seconds. So that’s good, right?
7. March happened to be Mustache March around here. Jeremiah’s offices never made such a big deal out of it before so he thought he would join in the fun this year. 31 long days of facial hair. Don’t get me wrong, I like seeing men with facial hair. Beards fascinate me. I always want to touch them when I see them. Not that I would go up to a complete stranger to do so but still. So facial hair is not a bad thing…unless you want to kiss it. I personally do not like facial hair tickling my nose when I want to give my husband a kiss. So on Monday, I took this of Jeremiah in all his facial (and head) hair and then ordered him to remove it so I could kiss his handsome face…and he obliged…
8. We had kind of weird weather for Spring Break here. It would rain on minute and snow the next. I’m kind of over the white stuff and we haven’t had much here. I can’t even imagine what it’s like for our eastern friends.
9. We received a package in the mail on Monday holding A Flat Stanley and his passport book. We are so excited to take him into the city and then send him off on his next adventure. He’s had quite a few up to now.
10. Speaking of passports, Jeremiah and I have an appointment on Friday to get our passport photos and applications sent in so we can go to Jamaica in July. I’m kind of really excited.😉