Ten on Tuesday
1. Jacob’s birthday party went on without a hitch, aside from the small snow storm we got the night before. But he definitely enjoyed being center of attention with a few of his classmates and his sisters.
2. He kind of likes when we sing to him.
3. He opted for a party at Ariel’s Gymnastics for his big sixth celebration…
4. Details on his cake can be found at the Cake Site. Jacob was pretty specific this year!
5. Spring break is two weeks long here in District 49. Monday was their first day back and they are off today due to a crazy Spring blizzard that isn’t really amounting to much around here. We have a little snow (like an inch) blowing around with this insanely crazy wind but labeling it a blizzard, isn’t’ quite right.
6. What did we do over the two weeks? Well, besides the boy turning 6 and having a celebration, Gramma visited. We took her to the zoo and enjoyed our day…
8. The kids enjoyed a game or two while Gramma was visiting. Maxine really enjoyed playing twister, although I don’t think she really understood the rules…
9. Mazie had a project for her algebra II class. She had to make a model of a house. The measurements had to be to scale and it needed to be painted. She had to use all her knowledge of angles and measurements to do the project. She worked really hard on it and it turned out beautifully! She was happy to hand it in yesterday.
10. Jamie did her experiment for her STEM fair project. Her and Dad worked on popping popcorn. Her experiment was to show which way of popping popcorn worked best. She used the stove top, a pop corn machine, and the microwave. The popcorn machine worked the best by popping all the kernels! She was so surprised since she thought the microwave would work best. But she had fun making popcorn three different ways and then being able to eat it!
She still has to finish her board but we are waiting for her pictures to put it all together. This is her first official STEM fair project. So she’s exited about it being on display in the school library in a few weeks.