1. I bought a new scale last week. The one we replaced was the old-fashioned kind where it would bounce back and forth until landing on the weight. The new scale is digital and apparently pretty accurate. It told me I was 14 pounds heavier than my old scale did. I checked it with 3 other scales. The new one is right, unfortunately. So more motivation, right?
2. I’ve been working out with a group of ladies for about 3 weeks. They are teaching me how to use the machines at the gym and what weights to use and what exercises to do. It’s been fun. Excruciatingly painful, but fun! 😉
3. Jacob had a field trip to McDonald’s today. They were given lunch and a tour of the place. The point was for the kids to see the finance part of a restaurant and see how money works in a place like that. He said his favorite thing about the trip was playing at the play place. He did tell me all about the kitchen, fridge, and freezer and was excited about watching them make french fries. So there’s hope that he got something out of it that was beneficial.
4. Jamie had a field trip to Snow Basin on Friday. She was given a choice to snowboard or ski. She chose snowboarding. When she came home, she announced that snowboarding is a spectator sport for her and then pulled up her bangs to show me why. The side of her forehead decided to try to break up a bit of snow. The snow won. She still has a bit of a brush-burn-type bruise but otherwise is just fine.
5. Speaking of field trips, Jeremiah is going to Snow Basin on Friday…to snowboard for the first time. He’s been skiing a few times but never snowboarding. Hopefully he will come home with no broken pieces.
6. Mazie has a HighMarket day on Thursday. The junior high kids get into groups and make a product. Then they set up a table and sell their goods. Kind of like a craft fair. Her group made bracelets and things out of duct tape. She’s really excited about it. It should be fun to see what the other groups are doing and how it all works out.
7. Tonight after supper, Jamie and Jacob were riding bikes in the sun. Then it started to snow. Just a quick squall that didn’t amount to anything but they were bummed since they had to come inside.
8. Jacob turns 7 one week from tomorrow. Time is going way too fast for this Mama.
9. Jamie came home from school yesterday in tears. Big crocodile tears streaming down her face. It took me a good 10 minutes to calm her down enough to tell me what was wrong. Her teacher is no longer her teacher for personal reasons. I am sure it was an extremely tough decision for her to make. She is a great teacher and Jamie adores her. So yesterday was rough for Jamie (as I’m sure for her teacher and other students). This made me think of all the great teachers we have had up to this point. My kids have been blessed with some spectacular teachers in their lives. This means that we’ve been blessed as parents because these terrific teachers have made learning fun and interesting for my kids. So thank you to all the great teachers out there who care enough to make learning awesome!
10. I love my husband. This is not new news. Just something I wanted to share.
On that note, Happy Tuesday!